One of the most common assumptions of a nutritionist is that we facilitate weight loss. Of course, we can help with this goal, but there are many other areas of health and medicine in which someone can work with us.
In fact, most of our clients are working with us because they either have an on-going health or medical condition they would like to improve, or they would like to prevent future problems. Some of our clients are aspiring amateur athletes looking to optimize their diet for their next big goal, some clients are confused about what to eat and others are quite ill, using food as medicine. In all these situations, we can help.
Food (relationship with, digestion and absorption) makes up all the cells and cell systems in our body. Ultimately everyone can benefit by seeing a nutritionist. Some people go years trying to figure this out on their own. We can help your clients dial-in their plan before things get out of control and end up with an even more complicated situation.
Simplicity Nutrition Dietitian Nutritionists are thoroughly educated, licensed and trained to use food as medicine, offering a sustainable plan to help your patients health overall. We are skilled clinicians that have extensive training in functional medicine and coaching so that our clients meet their ultimate goal.
A functional medicine nutritionist uses the functional medicine framework to right pathological imbalances in the body with food and supplements. Functional medicine nutritionists believe food can be medicine, and use it as such. Additionally, functional medicine nutritionists receive extra training beyond traditional nutrition and dietetics in supplementation, biochemical analysis, therapeutic diets, lifestyle interventions, and the mind-body connection. A functional medicine nutritionist takes your whole being and lifestyle into account when creating a personalized approach to address your health concerns. Other names for these healing practices include personalized medicine, integrative medicine/nutrition, food as medicine, complementary and alternative medicine/nutrition, lifestyle medicine, holistic medicine, complementary medicine, and mind-body medicine.
***INSURANCE: We take Regence, Uniform, Premera, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lifewise, and First Choice.
YOU COULD BENEFIT SEEING A NUTRITIONIST IF YOU EXPERIENCE THE FOLLOWING (YOUR CLIENTS CAN BENEFIT)
- Confused about what to eat
- Obsession with food is taking over your quality of life
- When you eat, your stomach hurts
- You have low energy or chronic fatigue
- Inflammatory symptoms like arthritis and water retention
- You have an Autoimmune condition
- You have brain fog or poor memory
- You get headaches or migraines
- Healthy and smart Weight loss (sustainable plan)
- High cholesterol, diabetes, heart conditions
- Hormone imbalance
- Cancer or high risk for cancer
- Thyroid disorders
- And much more (see specialties on website)
A note to our health care practitioners –
When a nutritionist can help with your care plan:
For body workers, PT, energy healers, acupuncturists: Chronic pain, inflammation, injury healing, prep for surgery, rehabilitation of muscles, obsession with body weight and food.
For Doctors, NDs and Nurse Practitioners: Questions about what to eat, abnormal bloodwork including cholesterol, blood sugar, inflammation markers, low/high thyroid, imbalanced hormones, digestive issues, constipation, diarrhea, parasites, yeast overgrowth, obsession with food.
For Dentists and Hygienists: Cavities, abnormal plaque accumulation, inflamed gums, discoloration of tongue (white, black), bumps on tongue and blisters in mouth, bad breath, suspicion of eating disorder
Simplicity Nutrition addresses the health of our entire being, and because of that, virtually all symptoms and conditions will respond to nutritional therapy. Listed below are some of the most common reasons our clients come to us.
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Constipation, gas, bloating, diarrhea, nausea, acid reflux, GERD
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s)
- Food Sensitivities
- Weight management issues
- Obesity, over- or underweight
- Metabolic syndrome
- Diabetes, pre-diabetes
- Blood sugar issues (hypoglycemia, hyperinsulinemia)
- Inflammatory Markers
- Disordered eating, etc.
- Loss of appetite, unable to feel hunger
- Peri- and post-menopause
- Hashimoto’s (thyroid)
- MS (multiple sclerosis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
ENERGY AND HORMONE IMBALANCES
- Fatigue, sluggishness
- Irritability, low spirits, mood swings
- Sleep issues (difficulty falling asleep, waking up during the night, etc.)
- Headaches, tension
- Low Libido
- Frequent colds or flu
- Heart disease (high cholesterol, triglycerides, hardening of the arteries)
- Skin problems (eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne, blackheads)
MENTAL HEALTH & NUTRITION
- Emotional eating
- Eating disorders/disordered eating
- Sleep issues