(Appointments available with Dr. Jennifer Champion. Call (425) 394-3409 to schedule)
Hypnotherapy can make big changes in your life, even when everything else has failed. Hypnosis is a focused state of awareness. You have probably already had several instances where you have been in a natural state of hypnosis. If you have ever felt like you were on autopilot on your drive home or felt a small sense of panic as you thought you missed your exit, then you were in a hypnotic state as you focused on something else at the moment. Can you think of a time when you were so focused on a show or movie that you didn’t hear someone calling your name? This is another state of hypnosis. Hypnosis is all about a heightened sense of focus.
Hypnosis or Hypnotherapy bypasses the conscious mind that can only hold about 6 – 9 bits of information about you and the world around you. It is also most strongly affected by the “critical factor” that keeps you from moving forward. Everyone has that critical factor. Think of the critical factor as your protective mechanism. The subconscious is the space where we do our work. This is where our memories and the translation guide of our experiences live. Your subconscious knows exactly what you need to heal. We just need to access it. Each level has a safety switch. You will never feel out of control or unable to stay safe.
Hypnosis helps you uncover and understand why you make the choices you make and helps you unlearn behaviors that you no longer want to carry with you by addressing their origin. Our subconscious knows what we need to heal.
What can I expect?
Everyone’s response and progress through hypnotherapy are different. However, you can expect the following things:
- We will identify what changes you want to make.
- From there, I will address any concerns that you may have about the process or the expectations that you may have.
- I will always ask your permission to do hypnotherapy. You are always in control of our sessions.
- You will leave our sessions feeling hopeful and ready to make changes. You will also be more likely to look for the positive in your life that affirms your changes.
- Sessions become more powerful with each following session. Your understanding and awareness of yourself deepen with each session.
- Most clients see relief within 4-6 sessions but know that we will continue to work together until you feel relief. Everyone progresses at their own pace.
- Most people liken this experience to being very relaxed but still aware of your surroundings at all times.