Master of Science in Nutrition | Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Emily Grochowski is a scientist turned Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Yoga Teacher. She is passionate about working with you in a systematic and compassionate way to discover the unique combination of information, tools, and approaches that will best support your highest expression of health. Emily’s approach is rooted in integrative and functional medicine. Her recommendations include therapeutic combinations of whole-foods, herbs, supplements (if needed), and lifestyle practices aimed at restoring mind-body balance and the body’s innate healing capacities.
Emily incorporates a sophisticated Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis in her practice to capture your body’s unique composition and cellular health. Using the results of this analysis, other functional and conventional lab findings, and the information gathered during your appointments, she empowers you with a practical, evidence-based plan designed to fit your lifestyle, health and wellness goals.
The journey to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist was driven by her passion for learning, an innate desire to help others, and her personal health experiences. In combination, these factors inspired her to seek out a career supporting and educating others about how to harness the healing potential of food and a supportive lifestyle. Food and lifestyle served powerful roles in managing her own emergent health issues, including an autoimmune disease and thyroid disease. She blends the wisdom of her own experience and unique background when working with clients.
Emily holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Molecular Biology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. After graduating with honors, she worked in a research position at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and then at the Promega Corporation. She soon realized that her current path veered away from her true passion of directly helping others.
To nurture this passion, Emily then completed a 200-hr yoga teacher training and worked for several years as a certified herbalist and nutritionist assistant. To expand her knowledge further, she pursued a Masters of Science degree in Nutrition at Bastyr University. Upon completion of this degree, Emily moved cross-country again to practice and hone her clinical skills in the vibrant and diverse boroughs of New York City where she completed her Lehman College Dietetic Internship.
Emily is thrilled to be back in Seattle, Washington, where she is honored to be a part of the Simplicity Nutrition team providing compassionate, cutting-edge integrative health and functional nutrition services. Emily is available for individual appointments or for large group, corporate, or other community events.
Emily’s Specialties Include:
- Digestive disorders: food sensitivities & allergies, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s, Colitis, Intestinal Permeability (aka “Leaky Gut”), and treatment of SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth), Candida , and other forms of dysbiosis
- Brain health and overall nervous system support
- Immune imbalances: autoimmune conditions (Hashimoto’s, Celiac Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia), immune system underactivity (HIV/AIDs, medication induced suppression)
- Diabetes and blood sugar balance
- Thyroid health
- Adrenal health and support for other hormonal imbalances
- Detoxification support
- Mitochondrial function and energy balance
- Cancer prevention and treatment optimization
- Injury recovery
- Sports nutrition
- Reducing inflammation and general wellness support
- Guidance on sustainable, body-positive approaches to balancing body composition
- Improving relationships with food and body image
- Disordered eating and eating disorders
- Genetic testing and counseling